Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Elisabrat

glad you found those fabrics.. that will make some very happy people I think good job!

I have put mine in piles to make runners and wall hangings. great and easy match ups. thank you for that! I will now add red to the edges and they will all pull together wonderful on the Christmas blocks and oh the birds! those will get a bright green edging and they too will be super together. sincerely this is the best boom I have been in. I truly appreciate everyone reading my special requests as to color and actually using them. High five! sometimes I think its easy to not read the whole blurb but you guys rock and did it.

Now something which might be helpful to some of the block makers here. If you don't have a quarter inch foot for your sewing machine you might seriously consider one. Mine was 15.00 not bad. and it made it terrifically easier for me to make accurate blocks within at worst 1/8th an inch off.. you have to push the fabric against the foot so it stays accurate at all times. Bonus? it makes your 12.5 inch blocks so much easier to make. If you cut things with a ruler and a rolling blade you should get perfect pieces. its the 1/4 that it seems gets everyone. I used a piece of painters tape before but it worked as good as my eyes. not always accurate. Also a black sharpie marking exactly where you want that edge to be when your sewing the pieces together is also helpful just mark your machine. I had blocks come in that were 12" and some 13. One was even 13.5 I hope next round everyone will be able to finish up right at 12.5. it will please you trust me and it will thrill your partner. everyone wins!