Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 AM
marne

Dear Spikers,

Thank you for sharing all of your lovely blocks. You've given me ideas for color combos, and fabric choices.
As many of you know, I am choosing my colors from the rainbow song (red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue, I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow)

I got stuck on the log cabin block-because I am up to pink in the song. I have tons of pinks, but none of them work, and I almost gave up (I like rules and order and was set on following the song). I'm crazy busy at work, not sleeping and I take care of my parents and my daughter, so I'm a bit stressed, which does not help with the being creative bit. Then I realized that all of you are taking these patterns and making them your own-and I could do that too. It was a big deal for me as I am a perfectionist and following the song was perfection.

Long story short, last night I pulled greens and immediately found ones I loved for the log cabin. And my pinks will be beautifully showcased in the diamonds. I am back on track, thanks to you all.

Marne