Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 AM
n2scraplvr

Post Floral Chevron and Linked 9P and a mini! mini tut @ post #17

I started out the Floral Chevron with a plain background, but the more I got into the quilt, I hit into the floral fabrics and decided I like the combo of both which gives it a nice balance. I've been hooked on these zigzag and chevron styles with the last few quilts I've done. This is big at 60x70. I think it was around 7 or 8 fabrics that I used up entirely in this quilt. No more of those fabrics!

I was inspired after looking at some of Jo Morton's quilts (as I hadn't seen them in years) and I just had to make a 'homey' type quilt with those warm colors of yesteryear's quilts! I wish I had squared up the blocks first though as my hst's are not the kind I normally do. haha. But anyway, I love it just the same, even if it is a little off key.

The next quilt I started on a month ago and I wasn't paying attention so the seam ripper became my friend throughout. I just should've planned it better. My pics show you the progress and how it is put together. I'll be finishing it with borders soon and hopefully not starting another quilt until I make some backs and get some tops finished, lol. It's so fun to start a new one though!
Thank you for looking and hope you are inspired!
Attached Thumbnails floral-chevron.jpg   cu-1.jpg   cu2.jpg   cu-3.jpg   angled.jpg