View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 PM
candi

Originally Posted by WTxRed
That's wonderful! What technique did you use for your 'lead' around your 'glass'? I put a few quilts each year into a judged show so I can get an outsider's opinion on what I need to work on.
Originally Posted by JuneBillie
That is very pretty. What do you do to make the dark outlines?
Originally Posted by spartan quilter
That is drop dead gorgeous. I have finally gotten a pattern to do one, but it says that I need a double needle to sew down the leading. May I ask if that is how you attached your leading? I have never used a double needle, and that is really scaring me off right now.
Originally Posted by dunster
Absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the design. I'm also curious about how you did the beautiful leading around the stained glass. It looks so even and narrow - must have been difficult.
Thanks all!
I used the ready-made fusible Clover bias tape. Didn't use a double-needle although that may have been easier? Don't know. I just used my topstitch needle and my edge stitching foot and followed the edge of the tape (after fusing it) to stitch it down on each side really close. Yes, it took some time! The pattern has you do it all at the end of piecing the whole top but I did it in sections- seemed it would be easier to me and I followed the seam line for fusing it down. Hope this makes sense to you all lol.