Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 AM
gardnergal970

These last blocks are simply wonderful. Who would have thought of the rainbow peacocks but our poultry lady, QNS? GrannyQ, your quilt is going to be beautiful and has inspired me to use the same color scheme for my SYE.
Jan... What a dummy she was!!! Sorry you're back at work but it will feed your fabric "addiction"!!! Good for you about the S16. Something that costs that much just has to work right!
Mirabelle...the elephants are raw edged appliqué using Australian design fabric. It reminded me of the circus.
I just got an announcement for a 12 shop patchwork party. Mirabelle, I think you would like the fabric but what I thought was interesting was to look at the way each shop finished their quilts. I'm pasting the link for you all to look at. Go to the bottom of the page to the list of shops and check them out. Some are so elegant and others are very simple but any if them could work with our MBs. http://www.quiltersqtrs.com/patchwork_party.asp
i got the WW to the flimsy stage and all ready to take to my quilter yesterday. Found out over the weekend that my DH's DGD is engaged so I will finish the mystery quilt as a lap top for her. It basically needs sashing and shouldn't take too long. Have a good one!!!