Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 AM
kellen46

I have never watched this show, nor will I if I can help it. I do know the premise, how not too with everyone on Televison babbling on how great it is. I worked for more than 20years in the area of child protection. I have seen up close and personally how methamphetamine, and drug use in general can and does everyday wreak havoc on children and their families. I have held an infant in my arms and watched as waves of tremors confounded his body. I have tried in vain to explain to his mother how her meth use during pregnancy caused his, physical and possible mental, vision, and hearing defects. He would need intensive services for most of his childhood. She could not accept this nor could she stop using meth, he was lost to her and placed into the foster care system...best outcome would be that he could be adopted by a family that could and would deal with his on going issues. So no I don't think this is entertainment, nor do I find it amusing that some candy makers are presenting a "blue Meth" candy for children. Methamphetamine is a devastating drug, maybe worse in it effects than Opiates and hallucinogens combined. Why would I want, even passively, support a media enterprise that makes meth seem like a harmless hijink drug. I also do not support comics that present a joke about taking Meth. Would you find a program about the realities of this drug use and manufacture so amusing? I hope not because for twenty years I watched that show up close and personally. The toll drugs took on children and families will haunt me forever.