View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 07:57 AM
elaine80

Default For my daughter and youngest son

When my only daughter was young(she has 5 brothers) I made all of her dresses and saved scraps of them thinking i would someday make her a quilt. Back in 1987 when she was over 30 years old I thought it was about time to do that. So I started this quilt with a sunbonnet pattern and embroidery. I was working, didn't have much time to spend on it….so it took me till 1993 to complete. It looks a little primitive but she loved it. I called it the "Happy Memory" quilt. I also made a little photo book to go with it…of pictures of her wearing the dresses. This was the first bed size quilt i ever made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439319[/ATTACH]
After I retired i decided to make quilts for the boys too. My youngest son and his wife picked out a pattern call Buzz Saw and the colors they wanted, even bought most of the fabric. it was king size so took quite a while to make and was hand quilted too…just THAT took me 4 1/2 months. Thank goodness i can now do FMQ so can quilt even a big one in a couple weeks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]439340[/ATTACH]

Since i have made the other 4 boys quilts also. They have all been posted on this site.
Attached Thumbnails janet.jpg   mark.jpg