Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Dedemac

Madbury what is your favorite shop in the area? I have been to Glad creations once and SR Harris once. I live south of the river so don't get up to them often I go mostly to Mill End. Welcome to the quiltingboard.

For the person who got me, I think I'm fairly easy. I like simple things not into much bling, my main machine is older than I am, I have been married for 32 years, you do the math. It goes forward and backwards but it is a work horse. I do embroidery by hand, I do paper piece but not often. I am very thrifty with my fabric, for some reason that twister tool is way too much waste. I do a lot of hand work but not much applique. The only tool I really want and haven't purchase is the perfect piecer by Jinny Beyer, none of the fabric stores near me carry it. I don't buy fabric just to have it so my stash is meager but my scrap pile is big, just can't throw away fabric if it is larger than 1/2 inch. I use things not quite the way they were intended, if I can make something multitask I will. I use the same program to design stained glass to design quilts, that way if I need to create something that needs to be PP I can print my own. (Just have to remember to reverse!!) Love to read books the paper kind and don't subscribe to any magazines, I only own one quilt magazine, I love my library. See I'm easy you can get me anything!