Old 10-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Hi Ladies!!!! I'm back! I've missed you all so much. And to everyone I owe a PM to ... I'm catching up, so please forgive me.
Almost one year has passed since Sandy and we are no closer to getting back home then we were then. Sad to say we're not alone. Nearly everyone whose home was substantially damaged is in the same boat. While we had insurance, many did not.

The last few weeks I've been overwhelmed with finishing the inventory for the contents portion of the flood insurance claim before the deadline. I'd been putting it off for months first because it was too painful to do, and then because it was so insane to stare at photos of stuff in the mud and try to guess what it used to be. I finally finished only to learn that we have another six month extension -- so I guess I wasn't the only person in that predicament.

Rebuilding the house is going to be so ridiculously expensive that we have put the land up for sale. If we get our price, we'll just buy another house nearby ... which we need to do because the FEMA money for rent will run out soon. There are supposed to be grant programs to help you rebuild and help with rent when FEMA runs out, but no one has seen a penny of it ... except for the dirty politicians who have hired friends and family to administer the programs at $85,000 a year. Well, good for them. I'm glad someone is employed because of this disaster.

But I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and food to eat and clothing to wear and a sewing machine and fabric.

On another front, my husband was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and was supposed to have surgery on Monday but the machine broke and he hasn't been rescheduled yet. If it goes, he's gone. And then during the CAT scans they found some nodules in his lungs that are too small to diagnose now so they will need a follow up. I need to have pelvic reconstruction soon as my innards are rapidly becoming my outards. But that will wait til hubby is patched up.

On a happier note I have my SP. I've had her before or she's had me. She likes fluffy fabric thingies, lives in the south and her breath is always minty fresh. She is one prolific quilter/sewer who just never stops stitching.