Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

We were lucky enough in Corpus to catch one of the Confederate Air Shows and talk to the guys first hand...it was a great memory we will cherish our whole lifetime. Wonderful, Carrie, that your quilt was appreciated by the pilot who won the stunt flying event. Blue Angels often appeared in shows at Corpus because of the air base there.

Its chilly weather here with a few drops of rain, so I thawed fresh hamburger and made a pot of Chilli on the stove. My bf was talking to me while I did that, and she decided to make chilli also. Mine is semi-homemade, flavored with onions, garlic, celery, chilli powder, red peppers, Kosher salt and coarse pepper. Add a can of pork and beans, chilli beans and red beans and two pints of homemade tomatoes and one small can of green giant's Mexican corn and catchup, with a tablespoon of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. FIL put apple sauce into his. I would venture to say, there are many different varieties among the PC cooks here. It could go into the crock pot, but I prefer my Dutch oven on top of the stove.

Everyone have a good day, I am going to sew together block two of the SYE. And, yes, it is 'different' and tells the story of the desert in the USA Southwest.