Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM
profannie

Default Embroidery module for an Bernina Artista 730

Hi!
After falling in love with vintage Bernina, I found a deal I couldn't pass up: an Artista 730 for 475$. The man selling it was aware it was worth more, but it was his ex-wife sewing machine, that he had kept for several years hoping she would come back, but she didn't and finally passed away. It was just something he wanted to get rid as soon as possible (he may have got this low price from a sewing machine shop, I think, but I kept this idea for myself). I played with it for an hour and found it was in excellent condition, so I grabbed it.
Now I have a few questions:

1)The machine doesn't come with an embroidery unit; is it normal? Was it something you had to buy as an add-on?
2) There is an embroidery unit for an Artista 200E that is available on ebay for a good price; would it be compatible with the 730? Would I need anything else to make it works (a software?)...I was quote 1200$ for a new compatible embroidery unit by my Bernina dealer. For this price, I will keep my Brother PE-770 (cost me 500$). But I would like to downsize my herd of sewing machine... space is getting sparse :-)
3) I noticed the screen is not very responsive. I have found the place where you can set the sensitivity of the screen and decreased it to 35% and it`s much better. But could it be an issue on the long run and should I have it check?
Thanks,
Annie

Last edited by profannie; 10-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.