Old 10-03-2013, 01:13 PM
buslady

This has been a great read!! DH and I have been married 39 years last month. There were times I thought I might kill him and others that I thought he was a doll. He has his quirks and I have mine. What I have always said is that we all have our faults. The secret is to find someone who has faults that you can live with. For instance. My DH is NEVER at a lack of his own opinion, and is loud about voicing it. But a friend of mine DH gets upset with her and doesn't speak for days at a time. I think I would rather know what is bothering him and get it out and overwith!! She prefers their way. My DH has lots of faults. Don't we all. But he doesn't smoke, drink excessively or beat me. I could not put up with any of that!! He likes to cook, I don't. He fishes, I sew. We agree that if I want to go and he don't, I go. IF he wants to go and I don't, he goes. Sometimes we go for each other! It works, and I , too, have thought a lot lately about what I would do if he were not here. Can't bear the thought. Treasure what you have, you never know when it will leave.