View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM
twogeebs

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
LOVE your quilt! The colors are lovely and bright; so talk about how you came by these fabrics.

Apropos of another topic here today, I'd love to know how you had enough 'stash' to create a scrappy quilt as your 3rd quilt.....or did you buy charm packs? Yet the diagonals within many of the blocks seem to indicate you had some yardage of that particular fabric........so I imagine many of us would like your response to the question "Do you have a "stash"? And "Do you often buy just for "stash"; or do you buy fabric just for/by the pattern?"

Jan in VA

Hi Jan in Va, thank you, glad you like my quilt.

In answer to your question, I have a small stash, I guess I do buy when I want to make something. As for this fabric I got a gift certificate from my DIL for this great fabric store in Pittsburgh. Bought the fabric thinking I would make a OBW quilt, till I bought the book and thought, to hard for me. So, I always loved the pattern in this quilt, (don't even know the name of it, saw it in a quilt magazine) and decided to make it.

Got this pattern down though, cause I made a Xmas table runner and matching place mats with it.

Twogeebs