Old 10-03-2013, 06:08 PM
kiffie2413

Jaba,
Enjoy your family! And your winter weather...I sure do miss the winters we used to have...I am up in the panhandle area of Texas, so we actually do get snow...often when we do its a "Blue Norther".
http://www.weather.com/news/blue-norther-20121003
It brings along howling winds and drifts 6-7+ feet out in the country where we live. I could do without the strong winds...but I love the snow! And, I love rain...but the last 2-3 years we have been in a terrible drought, so any precipitation we get I am thankful for! Be safe if you do get out to the Dr tomorrow!

Kwiltkrazy,
Dh and I weren't going to have children when we married, either...til about 2 yrs later I got "baby fever". We have one son, who is the light of our lives, along with his wife and our lil granddaughter. Hubby and I also waited a long time to be Grampy and Grammy. Our granddaughter was 4 in June, and we are gaining a grandson in December! We only have the one son, he and dil say 2 kids will be it for them. Before our son married, it was a family joke about him being an "old bachelor"...tho he was only in his mid 20's. Also before he married I would tell him I was "going to be my own grandma, since I was never going to be anyone else's!". Son has the same "wonderful?" sense of humor dh and I have. He got to where he would reply, "don't worry Mom, I will find out if any potential dates have grandkids for ya!".
So, never fear!! Grandchildren may be in your future... I always say I respect people's decisions to have children or not..or to have only 1 child. It's much better for people who don't want children to not have them, especially for the child. This is only my humble opinion...and we all know the saying about people's opinions...
K