View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Okay Lynnie, I am sobbing as I type this...truly...(HONK!! That was me blowing my nose)...as your story is so very sad...I give in..you win...unless Brenda assigns ME as Lawsonmug's partner....bwahahahaaaaa!!! (Snidely Whiplash laugh...)
I have been watching Ebay some for a nice vintage child's sewing machine...but truthfully I have more machines than "Carters has pills" (saying I have heard all my life). So, I have refrained from bidding on one, for now...I would love to find a nice one that I can give to my lil granddaughter to use..but I know that's not practical... So, I bought the one I posted a link to below, in a year or 2, 3, etc. I hope to start her sewing simple line tracings on paper with the needle unthreaded with me right there to "help"...I have read where that is good practice and not so hard that she will get frustrated and not enjoy sewing. If she does, then we will go to something else and re-visit it later. :
http://www.amazon.com/Michley-LSS-20...sewing+machine
It does actually sew just a straight stitch, and is better than I figured. Seems by the reviews it is hit or miss, tho.
As she gets older I have a basic Brother machine that I bought on sale, I took it out of the box long enough to try it out, and it's now back in the box waiting for her to get older (she was 4 in June). She loves to sit on my lap and push the buttons to "help" me sew when she comes over. I want to try and make sure she always enjoys it, and not push the issue. I have such great memories of learning to sew with my grandma!
Take care,
Kif- whose story is not nearly as sad as Lynnie's....
Yeah I agree Lynnie's story is pretty sad. hugs Mary