View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Maride

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Amma
I was looking at the Pfaff creative 2134. It has an extra accessory called a Grand hoop that they say is almost two times bigger than the average. My question is how do the embroidery designs work. Do I have to buy exclusively from pfaff or can I buy fromt he web?
Thanks so much!
Hugs
April

When the patterns are designed, they are added a format name at the end of the file name. Like a word document is .doc or an Adobe file is .pdf, the endind file name for each machine is different and you can not use made for one machine into another machine.

You can buy on-line, because when you go to a site that sells designs in general, like emblibrary.com for example, the first thing they ask you is which machine are you planning to use the design on and which is the largest hoop size you own. This way they only let you buy desings made for your machine that will fit your hoop, and if you try to buy a different format or something too big, they warn you. Some sites don't do that and you have to be careful when ordering.

You have to be careful when buying cards, to make sure that your machine can read them.

I agree with the previous posting to get the biggest you can get. You may think that a 5 x 7 is fine now, but when you see the designs that are available out there you will wish you had something bigger.

Maria