Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Snooze2978

Its funny, I'd been dying my hair since I was 12 years old as my mother was a hairdresser so I'd get her leftovers. As I grew older I went from a mousy brown to a shade of auburn as my father and sister were both red heads and my mother was an auburn. I felt left out in the red department. Finally when I was getting ready to retired, I decided I needed to find areas where I could cut down as my income would be cut basically in half. Decided dying my hair would be one of the areas I'd cut off. I also noticed I'd added some grey hairs but it was coming in streaked so I thought okay, frosted. Worked for me but then I thought wait a minute, now I have greys, mousy brown and auburn so how to make it look good while it was growing out. Went to my hairdressers to see about frosting all of it and she suggested low lighting it instead. Sounded good and that's what I did. I love my grey streaks still as I worked hard for them I keep telling myself. Still collecting more grey hair as I age but I don't mind it as some folks do. I keep telling myself I worked hard for those grey hairs and I'm proud to show them off.........:-D