View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
weezie

This will be piffle and nonsense and, as such, I may not send it once I get it typed, but it is a really rainy day and I've decided to type "stuff" to y'all.

First of all, I'm wondering if your UFO's silently watch you as though they wonder when you are going to get to work on them. I was finally working a bit each day on the hated Starflower quilt when I got really sick the first Wednesday in November. For 3 days and nights I mostly slept. After that, when I couldn't sleep, I still felt crappy so I sat at my computer for hours each day and cleaned up my embroidery design files. I finally finished that yesterday. Meanwhile, the despicable Starflower quilt sat untouched since Nov. 3; it seemed to be impatient with me. This a.m., I sewed a bit more on it so I hope it's happy now! It had been so long since I did any, I almost needed to be retrained.

Second of all, are any of you like me and wonder why it takes so long to finish just ONE quilt while others are cranking them out like crazy??? I realize that, due to my low boredom threshold and therefore having several projects in the works at once, is certainly a factor. I DID start and finish the quilt for the little sick kid (the quilt with the ME patchwork animals) in record time. By the way, he loves it and takes the little pillow that matches it everywhere he goes. He is eating better and has gained some weight. He has a new bed and the new quilt (5-ft. square) is perfect size for it.

Third of all, if I do hit the "Send" button and there are those of you who think this is in the wrong QB category, please don't bother to tell me. You'll hurt my feelings. Thanks for reading and best wishes to you all for a joyous holiday season.