View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Nanny's dollface

Default Reindeer Dash So Cal Haul

Ok. Confession time. I have not been to any LQS since I began quilting as they are 90 min away in good California traffic.The one shop and only shop I went to ( and feel in love with) was in Anchorage.
Well today, I got up early, kissed DH goodbye and said I was going to take myself on what is being called a Reindeer Dash. Eight LQS were participating in this three day event and giving away free fat quarters and patterns. So after 5 hours and 300 miles, I visited 6 LQS. Wow!
the free fat quarters were mostly from Red Rooster's Here Comes Santa line. OMG so so cute - Santa and bunnies with a bunny's letter to Santa.
i received 7 free fat quarters, 10 free patterns and ended up buying a panel ( didn't know it at the time but it's from the Same fabric line), a bunch of fat quarters for a table runner, and a kit. The border fabric was all sold out at each the LQS I visited so ended up buying on line. ...least I knew the quality of the fabric. So here's my stash. The right side is what I bought and the left side was free.
Happy happy happy.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg