Old 10-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Tfch8184

I am not narrow minded in my fabric selection. I shop at Joann's and love my local store and that's mostly because I love the employees there. But also because I am on a budget and can not afford to use name brand fabrics all the time. I have a creepy obsession with charm packs. Lol and I love moda fabric so I have to be very selective in what I but name brand to make my money go further.

I made my niece a flannel quilt using all joann flannels and it's been a year and it is holding up great even if the binding looks like poo. I used Walmart fabrics for a tie quilt and pillow for my niece as well and it's holding up well also.

I just pick and choose fabric as I go and whether I buy it from Joann's, an online shop or eBay even Joe Schmoe down the block as long as I am happy with it and it's not falling apart as I sew and cut then I am happy. The only thing I steer clear from now is broadcloth because I didn't know it wasn't all cotton and melted some while pressing seams. Lesson learned and thankfully a cheap on at that.

The only thing sewing wise I am snobby about is my machine. I will never ever buy a big store machine again because after having two break down in less that 8 mths I will stick with my very awesome janome dealer. Nothing like having the kind of customer service that makes you feel important.