View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
I do think it is meant for applique type projects, how much fabric it can cut at a time, I don't know, just saw the product and it looked interesting. As for the Silhouette, I have not heard of that one at all. Guess I need to do some looking.
It only cuts one layer at a time but there are so many designs already built in for quilting HST etc and you can make them any size you want and then you can have the machine to draw your 1/4 in seam allowance too, it can make all different seam allowances. There are two machines, I got the second one and it has over 700 built in designs plus fonts and then you can create and scan in your own created designs or the ones your kids make and then cut them out as well. Or just scan a document onto your USB if you don't have a way to get it onto you pc.

I have the Go and wouldn't get rid of it; they both have great qualities and like some other cutters out there they do enough things that are different from each other that having them both will be great. I would never make a rag quilt without my Go. It's not going to cut long strips of fabrics but what other machine can cut in a few seconds lots of quilt block pieces and even draw the 1/4in on it. It also has a setting that allows you to utilize the fabric by placing designs so that it uses less fabric. You can also scan in your fabric to be cut as a background and then place your design where you want. Great way to fussy cut; one of my favorite things to do.

Last edited by romanojg; 10-06-2013 at 08:13 AM.