View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Marysewfun View Post
I was thinking that, too - how that would help with doll patterns, I use my computer a lot for re-sizing stuff, and I love how it is so adjustable for size and to allow you to use scraps instead of a whole piece of fabric cut, and the movability of stuff - - I think this is a tremendous improvement and it can only get better!! :-)

Marysewfun
Its easy to use scraps with this since you can scan you background in and place the objects where you want. You can also have it draw the seam allowance, my 18in takes 1/4 most of the time and you can resize alot on the machine. I can also think of things that I would like to see on it but I'm impressed with what it has. It comes with a 12 x 12 mat but you can also buy the 12 x 24 mat which would be great for pants etc. Since you can only do one piece of fabric at a time I took those that needed to be on a fold and just drew them out and taped them side by side and scanned them in as one whole. I think there is a way to do it on the machine; by reverse imaging them and the welding, which is a way to combine two items but only have the one outline, like two intersecting hearts but you only see the outside lines when cutting it out. Perfect size for little doll clothes. I only had the skirt that wouldn't fit (it goes on a fold) so I just layed it on paper and added a 1/4 in for seam allowance and then can sew two together. They will fit when I get the 24in. Like I said, its not going to replace my accucut, which I don't use much but it will give me another tool to make my busy life that is trying to have a creative side too alot less hectic and I'm sure I'll use it more than the accucut