Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
candi

Originally Posted by Lori S
I think its "NY in the sunshine" .. beautiful! It was definitely "ribbon worthy".
What a great name! I like it!

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
Lovely quilt! Congrats on your ribbon, though in my humble opinion your quilt is deserving of more than honorable mention! I made a Christmas Pickle quilt, so I know how challenging those curves can be..
K
You know, as I have been quilting for 3.5 years, and this was my first show and a large show at that, I wasn't expecting any ribbons at all- I was thrilled with my HM ribbon Thanks for the kind remark

Originally Posted by dunster
Everything about this quilt is gorgeous! I love the sunshine colors. A guild show with over 400 quilts is a really big show. There must have been some terrific quilts there.
Yes, I am lucky to live a quilty community! There are seven quilt guilds in my region (NE FL) and they put on an awesome quilt show every year. I hear that one year they had 600 quilts! The average is 450 though I believe.

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
i love your "hot" color scheme--the quilt is gorgeous--it sizzles! i can't imagine ever getting to the place where i'd be brave enough to tackle all of those amazing long triangle "sunbeams". maybe, someday. congratulations on recognition well deserved!
Thanks. THese sunbeams are paper pieced and quite easy to make. Now joining the curves pieces is another story lol.