View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
nancia

Went to NYC on Saturday and met dotcomdtcm at the metro mod quilt guild meeting. Very fun, loosey goosey kind of gathering. We hand stitched a block from four of us. D and i left a little early and went to lunch and the American girl store. Ooooo, i only bought two little things for my someday dgd. I was sooooooo good! Then we went to city quilter. I bought some ny fabrics in a fq bundle and some hand dyed oops f8's. Don't know why they were rejects, they look great to me! Since these are what i consider opportunistic buys--as in you are in a place where you are unlikely to ever be again ( or rarely), and these are fabrics that are only available in this one place, as in the NYC fabrics. Those fabrics are designed and printed solely for the city quilter. As such, i feel i can be forgiven. My next trip in will be December for the next guild meeting. The day was lots of fun! Dh drove and wandered in ny while dtcm and i played. He is so sweet! He went to the natural history museum and a funeral. He wanted to see the inside of the church, and a lady at the door grabbed him and dragged him in and seated him in the back since the service was already underway. He did not know the deceased but the service was interesting and so was the sanctuary. Dh didn't stay for the burial or reception. He was born and raised in Brooklyn so going back to his roots is fun for him. He was just being a nice guy and driving so i didn't.t have to mess with trains. I am very grateful i have such a nice dh, and thanks to dotty for inviting me! ( i purposely have not mentioned the absolutely. Divine coffee toffee cupcake i had, and dotty had a cro-nut, also won't mention. And i brought home a sampler of six teensy cupcakes and a black and white cookie for dh.) it was the topper of a busy, busy week! Then Sunday we went to the symphony in Philly. I feel so cultured, lol.