Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
dilyn

Default I did my own private quilt show…sort of

I did my own private quilt show…sort of
On Saturday my DH and did a craft show to sell some of the things we have made. Sadly, we did not make much money but we had fun showing off my quilts and his wood turned pens.
I had a brain storm about doing this show because every year, I get a lot of questions about how these quilts are made, so I decided to do a demonstration right there in my booth. I packed up my little Juki and an extra table, pinned some smallish samples together and set up.
I’m afraid I caused a few traffic jams in the aisle! I answered lots of questions, and heard lots of comments from the folks. The most comment I heard most often was “I want a machine like that one that does all the work for you!” They were really shocked when they learned that my machine does nothing but a straight stitch and I was doing the ‘designing’ freehand. It was sew much fun but the best part is that I feel I educated a few people about what goes into making a quilt and how quilts can be decorative and artful or traditionally pieced and that it takes skill and practice to produce even a small quilt. Hopefully if they ever receive a quilt from anyone, they will have a little more appreciation for the time and effort that went into it.
The photos are of our set up and the last 4 pictures are the demonstration ‘quilts’ I did. I had the first 2 done earlier as examples and the other two I did there. I think I will make a few more and put them all together as a complete quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2771a.jpg   dscn2769a.jpg   dscn2768ab.jpg   dscn2780a.jpg   dscn2779a.jpg  

dscn2786a.jpg   dscn2784a.jpg