Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Knot Sew
Hmmmm I buy on line an cheap stores cause I like cheap stuff and must be dumb...thank you...I would be insulted if this was not childish...I really don't care...this is nothing compared to the worries and illnesses many of our members now have....we are all quilters who are all the nicest people on earth...we love each other and wish the best to our fellow quilters... Happy holidays all
you do not "like cheap stuff." you know a good value when you see one. ;-)

you are definitely NOT dumb. spending more than you can afford or more than you want to spend on something you know you don't need would be dumb. letting somebody else "shame" or bully you into spending more than you want or can afford would be dumb. not listening to your own inner voice would be dumb.

we have this argument at least once a month. about machines, fabric, thread, batting ... the list goes on and on. it's both amusing and frustrating to me.

amusing because it happens so often. frustrating because so many consistently forget that what's best for them as individuals may not be what's best for every other person reading the conversation or trying to make a choice. we present our opinions and fight for them as though our lives depended upon convincing everyone to see and do things as we do.

it confuses me, too, because quilters ARE some of the nicest people on the planet. why do we so often forget that when these debates get started?