Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
GEMRM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Sorry to be a serial poster, but some neat places along the way are:

The city of Batavia, just off exit 48 on Route 90. A lot of it looks like a city from an old movie about the fifties. I grew up on a farm near here and going to Batavia was a big treat. Pontillo's Pizzaria right on the Main Street through town makes the best pizza!

Watkins Glen is south of your route. Gorgeous natural gorges (of course gorges are gorgeous!) and waterfalls. Great restaurants. My daughter and her boyfriend love the Rooster Fish Brewery there. (I think that was the name)

Albany is great too. The Rockefeller plaza has a lot to do from there. Attached is the museum too. My grandpa spent a lot of time there examining their steam engine exhibits. He used to be chief engineer on the Alexander Hamilton, a steamship on the Hudson River Dayline. We practically had to drag him out of the place.

All along one your route the scenery is interesting, but it gets especially beautiful after you pass Amsterdam on the Thruway.
Buzznbumble,
THANK YOU so much for your ideas and input. You gave us some great ideas, and I appreciate your posts. Don't hesitate to post again if you think of something else!

GEMRM