View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Tiggersmom

Lightbulb BP, vodka, Or Starch fyi

With all the threads discussing Best Press, home mix of voka, spray N starch. A friend told me that takes classes from Carrie Nelson, owner of Miss Rosies quilt patterns always uses: [drum roll please:] Niagara non-aerosol spray starch! sooooooo if it's good enough for Miss Rosie's talented owner I thought I would try it. For a 22oz spray bottle it cost at one of our local grocery stores about $2.48.

I bought a bottle and did a comparison between Best Press and the Niagara. I use the unscented BP, Niagara the 'original' has a fresh linen scent, which I didn't think was too strong and I have a very persnikty nose. [I was not offered an unscented version, so I don't know if they even make one]

Best Press irons beautifully as always, and I was very impressed with the Niagara. I love BP, but with that being said I absolutely would keep bottles of the Niagara non-aerosol on had, especially at the savings of cost per ounce over BP.
btw: I have made the spray starch/water from scratch and it has many flakies, Niagara non-aerosol has a few flakies, and with BP I don't ever remember getting any.