Old 10-09-2013, 05:12 AM
buslady

OOPS! PM might have been better? Oh, POOP!! It don't hurt to be laughed at, just goes to show we all have more in common than just the quilting. I didn't join this month, and have been finishing up some projects. Have a UFO almost done. 2 years in the making/finishing. My first attempt at this type of quilting. I have done a little stitch in the ditch and some freemotion. This one has trapunto, STID, quilted flowers, leaves, birds, crosshatch; a little of everything. Huge quilt, King, not perfect but finished. Have to hand sew the binding and have it ready for the quilt show the 19th. Started another on Sunday that I might finish in time, too. It is for a neighbor that has cancer and is going through treatments. I have the panel "What cancer cannot do" and pieced it with some pink/white/black coordinates I got at quilt show a year ago. Here is what I am thinking. Any opinions? I want to do the back in "big block" using the leftovers from the front, but using some light pink or white on the majority and making it a "supporter" quilt. It is lap size, so I am thinking it will be nice to take with her to hospital/doctor visits. I could put a little pocket on it and provide a fabric pen. She could have people write sentiments on the back and sign it. Memories of those that have helped and supported her during this. What you all think?