View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:00 AM
mpeters1200

I love how children redefine things we thought we understood in the first place. I remember when my grandmother made me a pink dress and it had some blue on it as I recall and these ridiculous princess puff sleeves. I told her I hated girly dresses, but it I stuffed the princess sleeves with padding and wore pants underneath that I MIGHT be able to pass it off as a girly football uniform. She just laughed and laughed. She loved those high victorian lace collars and puffy princess sleeves.

I remember when my boys were smaller and they would be telling her some wild story about something they understood to be right...like when my 4 year old told her he named his frog Cracker cause he kept trying to climb out of his fist and he was gonna fall and crack his head on the sidewalk. Gramma was trying to, nicely, explain to Ty that he can't walk around in Oklahoma calling everybody Cracker. It just wouldn't be a good idea. Ty was convinced though, so in the end, Gramma called him Cracker too and then responded to the boys mostly with "you don't say." and she got educated on all the new lingo they came up with.

Enjoy this time. You are making memories that little girl will never forget.