Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I never used my washing machine for dyeing anything. I just use a large tub/tote. It should have directions washing machines. I personally like to use the tote. I do it outside because I can be a slob. I just add the water and dye together and make sure it's mixed well. I did it to a couple of sheets (100% cotton). I was wanting a very dark blue so I added black also. Anyway I shook/fluffed the sheet to make sure no folds. Every 5 minutes I rearranged the sheet to make sure the dye was getting through the whole sheet. I didn't want streaks. Did this for about an hour then let it sit for anther 30 minutes. Then I squeezed out the excess. Drained the tub and filled back up with cold water. After swishing and dousing up and down in the tub to get any excess out til the water became clear, I let it dry outside in a shaded area. That had to be done on the carport so I put a tarp down so as not stain the floor. After it was totally dry I ran it through the wash then inthe drier. I got the results I wanted and to this day I still have the same sheet after 8 years. It was the Ritz dye that I used.