Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Dollyo

I used TR-3 Resin Glaze automobile cleaner & polish - One Step. It was recommended for using on my machines w/decals (FW or my Lotus). I have used it on my other vintage/antique machines w/no problems. It doesn't damage the decals in anyway. I used a very soft worn out toothbrush to get into some of the more difficult places. I used cotton balls for the rest. I haven't tried sewing w/it yet. I could only get 1 of the 4 screws out that hold down the bed of the machine. Until DH gets home and removes them and I can clean and oil/grease what's under there, I'm not going to play too much. I kept oiling and greasing everything that I could reach, so that it moves smoothly now. I know that it hadn't been greased or oiled since the previous owner bought it 5 years ago and who knows how long before that. She bought it for it's decorative appeal. She was not a sewing machine person. No feeddogs, the foot has a serrated bottom and moves the fabric along. I have to find one of my wooden spools of thread for her.