Old 10-10-2013, 04:15 AM
KGoodhand

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I have a question for international shipping. I have to fill out the customs form to attach to the box and -- per Terri's instructions in the "rules" -- I have to list what's in the box and put a price to each. For example, "fabric $10.00" and so on with the total listed not to exceed $20 which apparently triggers extra fees for the recipient.

My question is: doesn't the customs form stay on the box right to the end -- where my recipient can read what's in her box before opening? I hate the thought of spoiling her surprise before the opening date!

I'm hoping all our friends who post outside the USA (I've seen Canada, Australia, and Scotland so far) and received packages in the past can fill me in. Thank you!
I live in Canada so I usually have to send a customs form as well. I try to keep the list of items as basic as possible. for example - fabric, ornament, candy. We don't need to be very specific. Plus all SS know fabric will be included. The other thing is we have to put our address down but I put Secret Santa as my name. Also in the past I have used my sister's address or my mother in-laws. I let them know when I do just in case it actually comes back for some reason! I think customs just wants an idea what is being sent. I have also learned not to look to closely at the form for that reason!!!
One year, I don't know how my SS did it, but the return address was my address! I can not do that here!!
Hopefully my answer helped a bit!! any questions just ask!!