View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
DebbE

The entire back wall of my quilt room is full of Ikea Billy cabinets -- on each end the cabinets have glass doors, but the others don't. In the very center I have the skinny Billy cabinet -- because that one houses all my books, which are HEAVY. I have crammed fabric in the rest of the cabinets, except on the bottom, where I have magazines sorted by company (F&P, Quick Quilts, etc), which is also very heavy. But every shelf holds up beautifully, no sign of warping, and I've had those crammed full for several years now. Love the clean white design as the opposite wall has our old kitchen cabinets that we repurposed for my quilt room, which are also painted white. You can't go wrong with Ikea -- and the mini flood lights are up over my countertop (on the kitchen cabinet bases), so I have tons of light for cutting and ironing up there. I use a mini ironing board up there when I need to press, which I lean up against the cabinets on the floor when I'm done. Don't want a full size ironing board up all the time -- and mine is oversized as it came over from England. My Ikea cabinets don't go all the way to the ceiling. So on the top I have baskets made out of chrome wire that hold even more fabric. I put my precuts I make from scraps inside one of those cabinets that have doors....if I want to make a scrappy quilt I just pull piles of those out & go to it.