View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:05 AM
missmay

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
ha, ha. i'm not one of those ladies. I go through coupons in the paper and am lucky to find one to use.
That is what I do too. We have loads of big supermarkets in our area and they offer their own coupons in their weekly circular. Last week I got 3 lbs of onions and a Friendlys ice cream free as well as a bag of organic carrots and a box of cookies at half price. At checkout there are always more store coupons usually based upon the products I usually buy, like paper towels. I don't always use those coupons because I can usually get another brand in the supermarket cheaper. Thing is that you have to spend time to get the most for your dollars. I've seen those Extreme Coupon shows and the people join groups where they get more coupons, I'm sure there is a fee for the groups. They also spend a lot of their time collecting and organizing their coupons in special binders. A niece has taken courses on how to extreme coupon, again that costs dollars. Some of the people have 100 jars of tomato sauce - only way that would be a savings is if they had something with tomato sauce twice a week all year long. Another had a closet filled with 2 liter bottles of her DIL's favorite soda. Does anyone really need to have 50 bottles of soda on hand and what if she decides she doesn't like that soda any longer? Others buy trucks so they can haul their stuff home or build rooms to store their goods. Not for me. Coupons have changed over the years as someone mentioned, it isn't a bargain if I have to buy 2 to try out a n ew product. Even McDonald's and other fast food coupons have changed, you need to buy 2 to get one free when I only want one - not the kind of food you take home and save for another meal.

Last edited by missmay; 10-10-2013 at 10:13 AM.