Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Divokittysmom

quiltnut4ever: The cutting table/workstation is simply 2 - 4'x8' sheets of pre finished MDF, and the 2 sets of cubicles and fabric baskets are from Home Depot. Also, forgot to mention that there are beefy 3" wheels under the table so I can roll it around the room. Because we cut the sheets down to 5ft, we added the trim along the edges, which as I mentioned serves a dual purpose, hiding the unfinished edge and also nothing rolls off the table anymore!! This is a rather large piece in my room, but since I only have my sewing table and a small cute computer desk,.. lol I chose to make it larger than the average cutting table size.. and I LOVE it!! I plan to add some hooks to hang my rulers etc on along the sides of the cubbies.
My Sewing table has all the IKEA components, counter tops and drawer units. I have seen some people use the IKEA Kitchen Island workstations as cutting tables. When I looked at those I determined I would need 2 of these..if I remember correctly, they were in excess of $300 each. As I was searching for all white components that didn't work for me, coupled with the price. Also, some people use the unfinished dressers from IKEA as the base for their cutting tables.
Thank you again everyone for your kind remarks.
I did a ton of google searches and Pinterest pins on sewing room spaces. There are tons of great ideas out there and even some tutorials on how to build them. This particular unit was the one I chose slightly modified from others ones I saw.
Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
LOVE IT! I'm curious about the last photo, how did you put that together (cutting table) and love the bins and the colors! The nearest IKEA to me is 2.5 hrs away but am willing to learn! Enjoy your great creative room!