View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 AM
MaryKatherine

Wink Too precious not to pass on

How many of these statement were common in your home when you were a child.
Mary Katherine

Things My Mother Taught Me

MY mother taught me to appreciate a JOB WELL DONE : “ If you're going to kill each other, do it out side. I just finished cleaning in here.”

My mother taught me LOGIC : “ Because I said so, that's why.”

My mother taught me FORESIGHT : “Wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident.”

My mother taught me IRONY : “ Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about.”

My mother taught me the science of OSMOSIS : “ Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”

My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM : “ Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck.”

My mother taught me STAMINA : “You'll sit there till that spinach is gone.”

My mother taught me about the WEATHER : “This room looks like a Tornado went through it.”

My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY : “ If I told you once I told you a million times – don't exaggerate.”

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION : “Stop acting like your Father.”

My mother taught me about ENVY : There are millions of children less fortunate than you who don't have the wonderful parents you have. “

My mother taught me ANTICIPATION : Wait till your father gets home.”

My mother taught me about RECEIVING : You're going to get it when we get home.”

My mother taught me about MEDICAL SCIENCE : If you don't stop crossing your eyes they're going to freeze like that.
“
My mother taught me about HUMOUR : Don't come to me when you cut you toes off with that lawn mower.”

My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT : If you don't eat that all up, you'll never grow up.”

My mother taught me about my ROOTS : Shut that door – Do you think we live in a barn?”

My mother taught me WISDOM : When you get to be my age you'll understand.”

My mother taught me JUSTICE : I hope one day you have kids and they turn out just like you. “