View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Snooze2978

Default UFO Finished - Boxy Stars

Hello, finished a quilt I started down in Florida back in 2007. Made it for my mother and then she changed color schemes on me but found another recipient to give to so no loss. Had to add the HST border and outer border is all, then quilt it. As I've been seeing the Baptist Fans put on numerous quilts lately, decided to do that on this one. I have robotics on my system but you still have to place your needle at the correct location. Didn't realize till I was halfway done that I should have connected each pass so have about 1/4-1/2" distance between. Then I found this cool border design I thought would really go well called Ethnic Edging Braid by Ellen Munnich. Had to play with it to do what I wanted but it came out okay. Anyway, here is my version of Quiltville's Boxy Stars in controlled scraps.

I outlined the HST using the "Teach" mode on my robotics. Took a lot of time but so worth it to me. Plus its lots of practice using it. The HST are also cut offs from the blocks so didn't waste much making this quilt. Had very little of the floral fabric which was also the fabric I used to pick out the rest of the colors.

Have the quilt in the wash right now so pray it will come out with no bleeding as I know one fabric stained the bottom of my iron. Have 3 color catchers in the wash with it.
Attached Thumbnails boxy-stars-mary-anne.jpg   back-side-showing-quilting.jpg   close-up-border-design.jpg   close-up-border-design2.jpg