Old 10-11-2013, 01:10 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Be sure to post a pic of Wilbur and Wilbur's vintage sewing machine tool box. Would love to see it. I am sure he would be so proud of it. I can imagine the big beaming smile on his face right now.
Wilbur's momma doesn't want pics of him on the internet. Sorry, I'll have to stick with stories...
Tuesday I was baby sitting the 4 youngest. A phone call... Someone wants to buy a machine. I warned the guy it's a zoo. He was ok with that. So he called right before he got here. We were in the middle of changing Walter's smelly diaper. SO. Wilbur and Miss L answered the door. Then Wilbur told the guy he works on sewing machines and Miss L said she cleans them. Then she told the guy she didn't clean the one he was looking at. She got out a brush and brushed it a bit. Then Wilbur said we need to oil that machine because he didn't oil it. I assured the guy I had cleaned and oiled it. I only let the kidos work on a couple derelict machines, not the good ones. Anyway he was a bit amused when I told him that Wilbur thinks he is a regular little priest with the oil... The guy bought the machine. I pulled the head out of the cabinet and handed it to the guy. Then I handed the manual to Miss L to carry. Wilbur puckered up because I wouldn't let him carry out the table. SO I handed him the cord and he puckered up again. The guy buying the machine told Wilbur that the cord was the most important part because the machine wouldn't run with out it. So we cheerfully march everybody out the door, load up the truck and there is Wilbur still holding the cord. He hands the man the cord and he says you forgot the most important part. Oh and Wilbur knows Tri-flow is better than sewing machine oil. He and Miss L were each working on derelict machines. I let Wilbur oil his up with regular oil since I knew he would baptize. (Folks, USE ONLY ONE DROP PER MOVING PART!) Then while he was busy I helped Miss L oil her stuck machine with T-F. In a couple minutes hers moved. Then Wilbur told me his needed the 'brown oil' for his machine. The next time they came over he wanted no part of regular oil. He wanted the 'BROWN OIL' (T-F in a brown bottle) So I guess you could say he recommends T-F. I think I need to mark an empty bottle so he can go at it... Oh and he does have a tool box. Wilbur and Miss L fight over who gets what. There is enough to go around they just like the same tool at the same time.

Last edited by miriam; 10-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.