Old 10-12-2013, 04:36 AM
janRN

Good morning, ladies. Just getting all caught up. OK, I love your minis. I don't have a suggestion on quilting (I still suck at FMQ) but at that size I don't think they need a lot. Seems Anne may be joining you in mini-land. I'm not going to comment on your sewing space LOL. You are so talented and productive. I'm so anal that I have to have everything neatly folded and stacked or I get anxiety. You probably couldn't work in my space.

Jeanie, what a fun trip you have planned. I hope the weather is good and you have a great time.

Mirab, jealous of the bananas. Obviously we don't have banana trees around here and the prices have already started going up on the ones at the grocery store. We had a plum tree in our back yard when we first moved here and I loved making plum jelly. It made such a mess of the yard when they fell off--it drew so many yellow jackets we couldn't go out there. We took the tree down when my dog was stung so many times he almost died from the stings.

QNS I've heard of making grilled cheese sandwiches with an iron, but that's a new one!!

Carrie, I hope you're feeling better and sorry your friend couldn't make it. Have a great retreat and let us know what you make. Don't push the shoulder!! (Sorry, nurses have to nag LOL).

Went to a local quilt show yesterday. Very small, only about 60 quilts. A few did Judy Neimyer kits as entries. Lots of jelly roll quilts. Went by myself because my quilty friends are in Tennessee for Navy reunion. It was fun and a great day off work.

After getting chores done I'm heading to the Bat Cave to finish SYE #4. I love paper piecing flying geese--it's the only way mine don't look tipsy. Back to work full time again next week. Have a great week-end everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.