View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:46 AM
sunrise450

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Sorry Sunrise, I don't know how I missed your question on Texas Pie..
It starts with a crushed pecan crust, then layer of powdered sugar, cool whip, cream cheese mix, next layer is chocolate pudding, next layer is vanilla pudding, top all with cool whip. Sprinkle with crushed pecans or shaved chocolate. Hide from hubby, and EAT! I am not a big fan of cream cheese, but with it mixed in with powdered sugar and cool whip, and all the other layers it ROCKS!!
I usually use low fat cream cheese and 2% milk in the puddings to try and make it a lil less bad for me and my terrible cholesterol levels (high as 301, a "good" level for me is 230'sh...I can't take statin meds, either). People can't believe my cholesterol is that high, as I am fairly thin. I know that really has nothing to do with it, tho. I have a cousin who was very overweight, she had gastric bypass, lost 120+ pounds..but her cholesterol was always low... I really wish I didn't love breads and sweets so much..
Anyways, it's a great dessert and fast to make. I have also heard it called "Hi neighbor" and "Four Layer Yummy". Also some people use different flavors of puddings. My family and I always stick with the chocolate and vanilla.
K
Thanks Kif, that pie sounds so delicious! I think Thanksgiving will have a new desert.

Brat, that is a generous offer and thank you but I have to decline this time. That's not to say we can't have a side swap later. I just can't do it right now. Too many irons in the fire?