View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 AM
cricket_iscute

Yobrosew, you have done your good deed for the day. This is fantastic! Thank you so much! You are just brilliant!

I will use this method, and the sooner the better. But I started wondering what to do with blocks that already have a back and top (and batting) quilted together. Well, if I were to treat sashing OR an additional plain block as a block, I could use the same technique. In other words, I take the sashing, right side of front to right side of front of previous block and also right side of back to right side of back to right side of back of previous block. I would sew a seam, catching all four parts. Then add batting, if necessary, or just leave the batting of the previous block longer. Then add the next block in the same manner.

I have a donation raffle quilt a church asked me to make because their regular quiltmaker has cancer - and they need it in two weeks. EEEEEKKKKKK! My plate was already full. But if I use this method, I can probably get it done. If I added plain blocks in between already finished blocks, I could make the queen or king size they are hoping for.

Yobrosew, you have made my day. Thank you so much.

Cricket

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 10-12-2013 at 10:48 AM.