View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Remember when I said I was going to be really, really good for this last month??...
My sister has been working on a quilt for several years, except she only works on it one day a year, and at my house. It's actually not even one day, because she always sees garage sales on the way and her car automatically stops. So in August we set up a date for October and picked the 8th & 9th in the middle of the week (no garage sales) at her house. She is determined to finish the quilt top. So she calls me Monday and says that she's getting ready for a craft fair (she makes purses) and we might just work on those, oh, and she has a few places she wants to go. She went to a garage sale the previous weekend and a woman was selling "baggies of fabric pieces", coordinated colors for $1.50. The seller had lots she didn't sell, and we could go if I wanted. I'm thinking a sandwich baggie of scraps. When I got to my sister's she showed me her selections. They are gallon bags stuffed with yardage and big pieces. What could I do? I got 10 bags. Smallest pieces are a quarter yard (fats & longs), largest piece 2+ yards, most are 1/2 -3/4 yard. Each bag had around 4 yards. All LQS fabric. Works out to $0.38/yard. I did show some restraint, leaving at least 20 bags (she was going to donate the rest to a charity).
I did start out the month by gifting about 20 yards to a new quilter. One step forward, 4 steps back.
My name is Nancy and I am officially out of control.
I'm going to go pet my new fabric.