Old 10-12-2013, 02:31 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Anael ... prayers and {{{hugs}}} for all. I;m so sad for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

... looks like DublB and QNSue and families are right into the Canadian Thanksgiving spirit.
Many will do "homecomings" this weekend.
Many the last cottage trip.
The is the last weekend of our Fall Fairs. For many it's a tradition to go to the Fair, along with their family gatherings and dinners.
For some the last garden/flower work!
That was me this morning with a bushel of irises to plant. Yes, you read that right!
"Adopted" family dinner is tomorrow night and now I am prepping the onions for the family's traditional Creamed Onions, that they devour!

OKSGlad ... some more new mini lovelies! and a well organized and efficient work area for their production. Perennials are great aren't they? ... then all the WORK they create in needing to divide and separate. My irises today were from a friend's ancient farm flower bed that they dismantled before doing renos to the garage. Somehow I "inherited" them!

Honchey ... Of course, you just "had" to do it! I'll look forward to seeing minis coming up from you too. Must be time for another NC get away? Getting itchy for your BINGO?

JeanieG ... a busy time for you before you go, will mean for a more enjoyable and relaxing time while away. Here's to another grand get-away with your camping friends!

MiraB ... mmmmmm bananas!!! I like most anything banana, except cooked/hot ones. Like CarrieM, when I have extras they get tossed in the freezer for smoothies or baking later.

CarrieM ... do hope your friend improves quickly and will soon be flying northwards.

DDamsel ... Did you enjoy your banana paper?

JeanieG and JanieW ... Great addition to your MB family!

JanRN ... So, are you going to come and help me get my stash in order? Hope you had a good quilty day and have Spike #4 finished!

As mentioned, there's a few Fall Fairs this weekend. One being close to home and where we used to show our Jerseys. Can't take them any longer, so I took some Holsteins ... remember the Out to Pasture quilt? Of course, could not wait to go back last night and check things out! Yes, OTP got a 1st! Also, 1sts to Pony, Frosty, and my Spike #4 Topper and 3 others; plus two ends and one 3rd.

The weather has been amazing today, which made the iris planting quite enjoyable, though my back does not agree! Hoping that the weather stays good for tomorrow, as I will go with a friend to the Heavy Horse show. Then dash home to get my Creamed Onions out of the oven, and off to supper! Thank goodness for ovens that can come on and cook whil I'm away! (though I am always nervous ... what if I set it wrong and it does not come on? )