Old 10-12-2013, 04:34 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Oh poor little Bram--sure hope MD's can help him along--sending prayers out.

More post garden work done. Carried a few rock to make dirt dams in the slope; seems to work well. I have sooo many flat limerock to work with. Now to work getting vegetable beds in shape for winter. Still picked a couple of tomaotes today--no frost here yet which is unusual.

Happy Thanksgiving QuiltE and Janie! Always a good excuse to count our many blessings.

Janie--nice addition to Jeanie's stash of blocks. You quilt's going to be lovely!

Another UFO finished! It's ready to take to my DSis's. Pieced the back with fabric from the front--helps to reduce stash! The blocks are 10" blocks (Sister's Choice) so quilt is a little over 52" square. Perfect for the sofa. For those of you who FMQ--how do you stop the uneven tension on the bottom--think I have to slow down when I'm curving. What kind of needle do you use? I used Aurifil in both top and bottom for this one. TIP OF THE DAY:
When hiding those quilting threads use a self threading needle. Bury the needle into the quilt leaving about an 1" sticking out. Slip the threads into the self threading eye and pull it through to bury. Then snip off the excess. Works especially well when your threads get cut a little too short. And here I was going to get rid of these needles that I bought long ago by mistake! Glad I didn't.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]440917[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails double-nines.jpg   double-nines-back1.jpg