View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 03:05 AM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Suzie. Are you starting or into spring?
Some rain sounds so nice! I also enjoy the first days of fall after a run of summer. Then I want more summer tho.

We are finally into sun-splashed warm days! It has been a long winter for us. Although we don't get lots of snow as we are in the valley, there is plenty on the Andes which we see from the front windows. It does get pretty cold and you stay cold in the house tho. This house has primitive miserable heater arrangements. As in, huddle up in one room next to a gas heater. If you ever get me pried loose from the living room heater to go to the kitchen I will warm it up and never leave. Except it is about 4ft x 5ft and no place to sit and eat in there. lol This is a second world country after all so we aren't using up the resources that the US and Europe do. Our new house will have solar heating and insulation! And I can't wait.

I know what you mean about shoveling snow. That drove us out of Toronto at one point. I do not want to spend the precious hours of my life dealing with weather! From here until early April we will be having lovely weather here in Santiago. Eating out on the patio, partying, outdoor concerts and time in my warm, sunlit studio! We are about on par with a climate like inland parts of So Cal. We often get down to 26 F at night and are under piles of quilts then the day may get up to 50-which is NOT comfortable all day, you need your heater!

Here is a snapshot out our front door that I have been meaning to turn into a Q at some point. Contrast is better in the big shot. The cross on the top of the church across the street is picturesquely crooked due to that big earthquake in 2010.
Attached Thumbnails church-mountains.jpg