View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 AM
dray965

I wanted a Sweet 16...and looked at it for a long time. But I read about the Baily which is significantly cheaper and decided to get it instead. I'm not sorry I did. From what I've read most of the quilting machines have their issues that you learn to deal with. The Baily is like that as well. But after learning what threads it likes, I've had not problems.

The only down side that I've had with the Baily is the extremely long wait time to receive anything you've ordered from them. I read many reviews of the Baily owners and they raved about the service. I have not had that experience. Each time I've ordered from them I have to call and keep reminding them that my order has not yet arrived which is aggravating. To be fair, it is a very small mom-pop business which seems to do a large business which might be the reason for delays and forgotten orders.

However, once my machine did arrive and I got my kinks worked out, I'm very happy. I got a very good machine for a very low price. I use a sit-down table, like the Sweet 16, but can put it on a frame if I so choose, because all of the items needed to use on a frame come with it.