View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 07:56 AM
nancia

No, I fell asleep around 5 until 8. Just a little nap, but ruined my window of opportunity. I am having a very hard time motivating myself to do anything. I haven't sewn in weeks. I read the board, read a book on line, and that's about it. Oh, I have been going to the hand quilting guild meetings in Bristol.it's called, " the mothers and others quilt guild". It started a long time ago with just mothers and then some men wanted to join, and some non-mothers, so they changed the name. I think it is rather cute! They were very concerned when i didn't show up the week before last, but no one had my number. I didn't realize there would be so strong a reaction ( in a nice way), so now i know to let someone know. The biopsy came back negative, and they were very pleased about that. These were the people i was hoping to meet when we moved here, not the cold, self-centered people i did meet. It takes all kinds. These women are very kind, warm and caring, and everyone of them has a hardship going on in their life. This is where they come for support and friendship. We sit around the wooden frame in the choir room of the church and quilt, and catch up on how life is going for each of us. And, since I'm new they haven't heard all my stories yet. There was a thread a couple weeks ago about a woman who had newly joined a quilt guild and lots( some) members thought she was too loud and talked too much, even saying that they weren't going back if she was going to be there! Omg! It was one week after I'd first been to the guild, aNd I'm really hoping it's not my new guild! So i told them the story as we were all packing up to leave, and one of the girls butted in with "nah, we'd just tell you to shut up!" And everybody laughed. I can deal with that!!8-).
Is anybody else having trouble staying signed in? This is driving me batty! I sign in, i move around in here, and I have to sign in again. I'm used to signing in and staying signed in forever. What's going on??