View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by kathyd View Post
Here it is. My masterpiece project.
I started this July 2008 and I finished the piecing last weekend. It is all hand pieced using the English Paper Piecing method. The hexagons are 1" on the flat side with the size being 95" x 112". It is larger than I expected but I love it. I designed this quilt in rounds starting with the center star, I didn't work on the next round until the previous one was complete. I used lots of hexagon graph paper and colored pencils to design this project. The papers were all hand cut from scrap computer paper. I know lots of tedious work, but I loved all of it. It may take me another 5 years to get the quilting done and since it is hand pieced it will be hand quilted - and that is my least favorite thing to do, but I will do it.
The papers are still in it at this point. I don't want to remove them until I am ready to layer it for quilting. My plan for the edge is to keep the peaks and valleys of the hexagons by using a hexagon facing method I have practiced on a small wall quilt.
Oh and for those that are curious it has 4257 pieces in it.

OMG - this is just UNBELIEVABLE!!! all hand pieced and you will also hand quilt! My hat goes off to you! This is just beautiful. You should be so proud.