View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 05:42 AM
suziehammond

Default suziehammond

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
. I am having a very hard time motivating myself to do anything.
BOY--haven't we all been there!! Repeatedly......... Glad to hear though that you filled the reservoir and it started spilling over again. Waterfalls of creativity can be so very satisfying.

Delighted that the biopsy was negative and as is well on that front??

Getting established in a new area can be tough I think. Certainly I have taken my lumps in that arena. While many things might be easier or better in the new place--and I go out of my way to review and count those regularly--other things are in need of, well, help to make life as comfortable and delightful as it was b4? Certainly true for me. I adore Chile and with little effort have managed thoroughly enjoy it here

Mothers and Others sounds great. Those types of groups are definitely 'keepers'. Here there are no crafting or quilting guilds or groups and there are no fat stores full of gorgeous cottons dripping with colors. S I have had to create alternatives. Which is tougher still when you don't know the language. But some neighbors and I get together now and again and they have a totally different south american take on their crafting which is refreshing. I am making other interesting connections and now learning the craft which is all the rage here which is a type of tin sculpting over a base object. I never would have discovered that had I stayed back in CA. I also have discovered the end of town where it is store after store of fabrics of varying sorts. They find cotton pretty stupid here as they are making clothes, upholstering and doing curtains and do not want to iron. But for art quilts it is quite a mecca and challenges me further. There are some stores carrying a wide variety of cotton poly sheeting for KS bedding and it is only about $6yd so that is cool! So for me accepting and embracing these difference is fun. But like you I have found that the human socialization factors take longer to build.

Sounds like you are getting there tho and you will find those lovely soul mate type friends as you go forward. I have done so everytime we moved. Thanks the heavens for Skype to stay in touch with them all!

I can't wait to see your 'Dia' piece. It sounds like you are making some excellent progress on it. It is special and so can't be forced of course but it will burst out when ready.

I also love your mug hug idea and want to do a few when fall rolls around again. Enjoy the show and tell us how it went.

I guess I will send along a few examples of projects IP at the moment. The wine carafe is a gift from my neighbor with this tin technique they love playing with here. (I gave her a small Q)

Also is the commission Q on the wall. "Musical form" Not sure how to finish it. My first thot was more music fabrics but surprisingly they overpower it all if I put anymore in there. Black frame all around with the purple strip going into the border--and then what the heck kind of quilting design??!! Ideas encouraged.
Attached Thumbnails wine-carafe.jpg   musical-form.jpg